Students applying for the loans must:
- Be Tanzanian,
- Be admitted to the Water Development and Management Institute (WDMI) or continuing students of WDMI who have successfully passed the examinations necessary to enable them to advance to the following year,
- Have completed and submitted the WTF’s student Loan Application Form,
- Unable to finance their studies at WDMI,
- Meet other student Loan Eligibility Guidelines as may be issued by the Board of WTF from time to time.
COSTS COVERED BY THE LOAN
The WTF is mandated to provide financial assistance in a form of a Loan to eligible students (as per section 6.1) to meet the student's’ education costs. The intention of WTF is to provide 100% funding, however in the instance where funds will not be enough to cover all students who applied, the issuance will be prioritized based on the educational results from Secondary school (for first year students) or from the examination results from WDMI (for continuing students).
The loan provided shall be categorized in two components:
Directly related to tuition – payable directly to WDMI and it includes:
- Tuition fees
- Examination Fees
- Medical costs
- Registration costs
- Library fees
- Caution Money
- Identity cards
- Student’s Union membership fees
- Student’s Union and annual contribution
- Field Practical
Other costs – directly payable to the students and it includes:
Each completed loan application form must be attached to it supporting documents evidencing some key information provided in the application form by the applicant. The supporting documents may be verified by with the issuers to establish their authenticity, the required supporting documents are outlined below:
DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED
(i) Certified copy of Birth certificates.
(ii) Certified copy of Death certificates for Orphanage/Single parent
(iii) Medical report on severity of the disability
(iv) Official Letter of Retirement of the parent for retired parents
(v) Certified copy of Academic Certificates of Form IV & Form VI and/or Equivalent qualifications.
(vi) Certified copy of Voters Registration Card.